Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Purple Haze: Day1

This is a brief write up for what I would call five interesting days of my life…Ahhh that sounds too dramatic.Hmmm… Let me call it as repercussions of my elevated negligence.

Please do not mind the spelling mistakes… its bound to be there.

 

DAY 1 : Friday night… 26th September 2008, I was at haze with 2 juniors and some random IIT people. I came straight from Office looking forward to avoid some lonely time at home.

Haze was playing its usual songs and as usual the people all around were head banging and shouting their lungs out with their eyes locked at the screen. I was so bored of this conventional sight that I just concentrated on my drink and smoking away in glory grimacing about the future of Bangalore with a thought that our smoking days will be over. I never ever thought at this point of time that what is in store for me… the next few days. Mentally I was set for another trip to Bangkok for some lame presentations on Tuesday night.

Anyways going on with the night, I was so indulged in myself sitting around these unknown people, I even borrowed archies from the neighboring table and read the first chapter in the dark and hazy night.

Then came these decently hot chicks with amazingly ugly and old men. A junior of mine and I couldn’t help but stare. After few moments I saw two blokes Sonali and Chetan who were in the crowd. I was so excited to see them for two reasons. Primarily I got some known company to spend my time and second, they shared the table with those decently hot chicks. Time had come when I made my shift from the IIT table to a bit more glamorous table (including Sonali ofcourse ;-) ).

Little I knew this move would cost me so much.

Let’s skip all the description of how the night in haze folded, will write that when I have something to do.

I got along well those two females (at least I would like to say so). It was the closing time and the haze manager urging us to leave, the juniors bugging me to get up so that we can go to Paramount. In all this urging I just left the pub with my bag lying at the IIT table… lonely… unattended… just lying there loaded with various things for which later point of time I start hitting myself for keeping those those things in the bag.

So we all head towards paramount, we have our food, ready to leave. Then it suddenly strikes me…. Fuck.. I left my bag at haze. I look at my watch, its freakin` 12:30 am, I bolt towards haze. One of the worst sprints ever, I had to take a break in between…All because of this stupid smoking.

Now let me tell you the content of my bag. Laptop,Passport,200 USD,one external HDD, Glasses, 3000 INR worth forum voucher, my flight tickets.

I reach there and stare at the locked doors, I start banging at the doors..no one replies. I am like shit… I am so screwed. With no hopes I start walking back to paramount, swearing at myself all the way, swearing at those two chicks, swearing at my bag.

I met Sonali and Chetan, they being the veterans pulled some strings and called marathalli Haze manager Anand, who checked with the Koramangala cashier Santosh for any lost bag reported there. Unfortunately the answer was no, there wasn’t any bag left.

3 comments:

Darshan Yadunath said...

A pure Sady thriller. The action is fast paced; the dilemmas are true to life.I advice this as a strong medicine for young boys and girls whose adrenal cortex glands fail to secrete epinephrin: an exciting stimulant.
The best read in the oh-so-exciting-yet-written-by-someone-I-know-so-closely category.Period.

Darshan Yadunath said...

and wait.. hes not done yet.

Anonymous said...

A very Exciting thriller experience.. i must say!!! I dint know u can write so well.. So keep it going.. ;-) Also hope that you get back the money n other stuff soon..