Monday, October 6, 2008

The Purple Haze:Day 4

Day 4: September 29th, Monday, 2008 

Day 4 was as lame and boring as Day 3, all because of stupid bank Holidays. I won’t be shocked if people stop reading this blog after Day 3 and Day 4… but let me promise you this…Day 5 is the best.

My parents were not bothered about this whole incident,maybe they were.. I didn’t notice. They left early in the morning for some holy trip to mantralaya ( a holy place in south India where apparently people pray).

My agenda for the day was to leverage the contact I got last night and try and get my bag by tomorrow morning so that I can still continue with my schedule (which failed miserably… agenda’s are supposed to fail).

I went to Cisco first thing in the morning, carried out the proceedings for a standby laptop. In the mean while almost entire Cisco was aware of this situation, its amazing how powerful word of mouth is. I couldn’t take too many stares and question’s thrown at me, so I headed towards the place where I would find peace…..the police station.

By peace I mean endless waiting, which also involved endless smoking. I could feel the nicotine in my throat. I waited patiently for the sub inspector Tabriz to come. I had requested one cop to inform me once tabriz comes, and I waited for like 2 hours.

I finally gave up and asked the cop whether Tabriz is gonna come, the cop says “ Tabriz Sir came thrice and left, you didn’t meet him?”.

Even the cop could hear my blood boiling, I lost it and had an argument with that cop in his own freakin Police station. The cop abused me inside out and Tabriz finally came. He abused me for another ten minutes and finally sent a constable Pramod with me to go to Bommanhalli ICICI Branch.Let me tell you how good and effective these guys are…tabriz instructs Pramod as “ tell those lazy bank guys that Rajeev Mukherjee is a terrorist suspect and he is gonna plant a bomb in ICICI in few days. Ask them to give the details as soon as possible.”

Pramod and I went to Bommanhalli Branch and found it closed ( which was expected) and somehow got the details that we need to get in touch with main branch in MG road.

I took pramod out for lunch so as to get his efforts aligned with mine. I bluffed about several things and he was in sync with me. During the lunch I get a call from Tabriz apologizing to me for shouting at me earlier and asking me to come back so as to discuss how fast we can solve the case. This is the power of a call, one can not expect things going his way unless and until he has some contacts within Police.

This day was really boring and was a nice build up for the action packed Day 5. I was assured a constable with me 24 hours and was asked to lead the whole investigation. I even typed the request letter for information to ICICI bank on behalf of Police.

I called up the travel agents and canceled my trip.By evening I was in haze and stayed there till 9 pm with some futile discussions with the manager. All I was thinking was what will happen tomorrow and how should I go about it. I went back home and slept and waited with eagerness for the next day, my first full fletched investigation.

3 comments:

Vinay said...

the mommentum is out...u should probably start bluffing here...

Aditya said...

naa... no bluffing....
will restore the momentum with Day5. ;-)

Unknown said...

I must say, sadi u r amazing..ur story is vey very interesting..U can actually write a short novel now i guess..i cant wait to read about day 5 so plz write it fast..