Monday, October 6, 2008

The Purple Haze:Day 3

DAY 3 : September 28th, Sunday, 2008 

I had to wake up due to loud chaos downstairs. People were deciding where to have breakfast, India coffee house or some shop on CMH road famous for chole bature which came in today’s paper. They decided to go with the famous thing and just included me by default ( Actually they asked me and I said Yes).

Its 9:30 in the morning, my life has turned upside down and I am riding to have chole bhature. To my bad luck, the shop ran out of stock and we went to India coffee house.

I must say, one must have scrambled egg there, its delicious. I think we are going off track, I am supposed to continue with the interesting story. 

By afternoon I realized I had my cheque book in my bag, the passport was there for the signature and all the possible bank credentials in the laptop. It took me almost 2 hours to talk to HDFC and disable the cheque book. 

Meanwhile, given up hopes on cops I decided to search Rajeev Mukherjee through orkut. I got 3 possible hits in Bangalore but all of them had lata mangeshkar and kishore kumar in their music interests ( which meant they wont come to haze for nuts). Still, I left each of them a scrap with the incident and my phone number. 

I took one of my friends Shashank and went to see where the hell ICICI bommanhalli branch is and went to Madivala police station. I told the whole story to a cop there, he just lifted his hands and said this is not their headache. I must go back to Koramangala police station since I filed FIR there. I was kinda confused, I told him they themselves sent me here and then I got one of the best advices so far. He asked me go file a complaint against the koramangala police in the koramangala police station. 

It was clear that I needed some contact who can help me out. I had like a pint of beer and few smokes with friends and went to haze again hoping something to happen. I waited there till 10 pm and went home. 

I finally had to confront my dad,told him the whole incident replacing purple haze with “fine food and hotel” ( that is what its registered as). He made some calls and got me a contact of DCP Koramangala. Coincidently even his name is Mukherjee ;-). 

Knowing that Monday will be a bank holiday I had given up hopes on flying on Tuesday night. I decided to cancel the tickets first thing in the morning.

No comments: