Monday, October 13, 2008

The Purple Haze:Day 6... the final day!!!

Day 6: Oct 1st, Wednesday, 2008

 

After so many seconds of writing, I have eventually reached the final day, Day 6. I assure you I have no intensions to continue writing after this final blog. Day 6 is not that long.

 

I woke up at 11 am with a heavy head, and red eyes. I was all alone at home, no mood to brush and put some mugs of water on my head to clean myself.( by mug I mean plastic mug which people use for bathing… not the one you find at haze ;-)).

I was feeling nice about yesterday’s adventure. Everything had gone according to the plan, I just had to get the bag today and everything will be over. I might even forget Somendra Singh as a just another desperate from Delhi.

I called up Ashish to check on the proceedings. Apparently Somendra Singh had called him and taken my number. So all I had to do was wait for his call. I needed to know how is he going to deliver the bag, I could plan well and arrest the bugger (whoever comes to give the bag) to get more details.

I got a call at around 1 pm from Hyderabad. The conversation went like this :

Asshole: “ Hi, Is this Shrikant Aditya???”

Me : “ Yes speaking, tell me “

Asshole: “ Somi singh here, I took your bag by mistake. I am returning the laptop, passport and harddisk. I have no use for these things.”

I so badly wanted to abuse him on the phone, but it was required to talk to him calmly and get some valuable information.

Me: “ Whats your name again?... “

Asshole: “ Why do you want my name, just be happy with what I am telling you. My name is Aditya Singh”

Me : “Why you lying bugger, I know your name is Chutiya Singh. So Chutiya tell me where is the rest of the stuff”

Hearing this.. he kinda got agitated

Asshole: “ Abe..oye.. Don’t talk too much and don’t ask too many questions, just be happy with what you getting. I dunno what I did with the bag . I called  you so many times, you never bothered. I just took out these things and threw the bag there itself.”

 

I was boiling with anger and with being a mere 22 year old youth, I had all the possible aggression in me. I couldn’t control myself. I can not really give you the details of the further conversation. It was a string of abuses in hindi which was like an avalanche process. Just kept increasing with time.He cut the call.

I called up Tabriz and told him what just happened. He was furious too but asked me to stay calm and talk to him properly. Lets get the things first, then we will catch him. I had to agree, Chutiya Singh…ooops Somendra Singh had the upper hand.

 

After some 2 hours, at around 3 pm he called again.

Asshole: “ Gussa utar gaya? ( you calm now?).. Ab sun, I am an engineer too. I know the importance of Passport, So I want to help you to get it back. You shout how much ever you want… you cant do anything to me… you can’t catch me. I am not employed anywhere and there is no way you can track me. So just be happy with what you getting”

I lost it again… So the avalanche process started again.

Me : “ It doesn’t matter where you are, Do what you want, I am coming to rape your happiness. Keeping a passport is a serious offense and you know I wont leave you until I get that. This is why you sending it. Just pray for your luck, as far as you are alive, I am gonna chase you down and …….. ( Can not say it here)”

On hearing this he kept the phone again. He was calling from a coin booth, so there was no way I could trace him.This continued couple of more times. I had to give up and talk to him normally else he would not call again and I needed my passport as soon as possible.

He called again at 5:30 pm :

 

Asshole: “ Now listen, One of my guy will come and give you the laptop and passport. Give me your address and Ashish’s address as well.”

I gave both the address ( which I regret even now). He said his friend will come in another hour and asked both of us ( Ashish  and I ) to be at our places.

 

I immediately went to Koramangala Police Station, told this Tabriz. He adviced me to take two cops with me to my house and arrest the guy when he comes. He didn’t have enough cops to send two places ( all were on church duty due to bajarang dal).

He was not sure what to do if the guy goes to Ashish’s house first and asked me for suggestion. This is where I believe that when elders say, important decision shouldn’t be given to young guys, they will give amazing idea which generally fails.

I suggested, we will ask Ashish to lock his house and go out. This way if the guy goes to his house first, he will have to come to my house anyways where I will be waiting with two cops. It sounded perfect.

I took two cops in auto. I don’t wanna narrate what we talked in the Auto but I must tell you this. You can do anything if you are a cop and no one will balls to oppose you. It was peak hour for traffic, and we were stuck in front of forum. We had to go the other way of forum. Our man, one of the cops asked the Auto driver to drive through forum. It was hilarious, All the forum security running behind the Auto, cars coming from the other side shocked to see one auto zipping towards them. I wish I could do that again.

Anyways, my house is like one and a half hour drive from Police Station. It was well past that one hour time Somendra had given. I was tensed now, We have no clue where the laptop is , no call , we aren’t at my place, Absolute mess.

Then I got a call from Hyderabad again.

Asshole: “ My guy had gone to Ashish’s house and no one was there, so he has left your stuff under a tree opposite to Ashish’s house” and he kept the phone.

This is where I realized the mistake, why will a thief be so much considerate to hand it over to someone, He will be more than happy to leave it wherever he wants.

I called Ashish, who along with Aravind was waiting for me at Police station. I asked him to pick up the stuff from outside his house.

These ten minutes, which I was waiting for Ashish’s call was terrifying. All the efforts I had put in last 5 days were flashing in my head. I had put everything at stake just to catch him. All possibilities where crowding my head. What if , some beggar stole it from under the tree. What if, Somendra was bluffing. What if, there was a bomb instead of my laptop.

After a wait of ten gruesome minutes, Ashish called me and confirmed that He found the laptop and my passport under the tree and is getting those things to Police station.

There was a sigh of relief. I was still in tension, and  I knew I will be till I have my laptop and passport in my own hands.

I finally reached Police station at 9:30 pm, there was a khadi Levi’s bag lying on the table. I opened it, and there it was…. My laptop, PASSPORT and hard disk. It was like how white castle was for Harold and Kumar. Finally I got it.

I wasn’t smiling, I was and still am in utmost anger with Somedra Singh, an educated useless engineer who stole my bag , returned only my laptop and passport, kept all the money ( 200 USD…3000 INR) and the best part is…. He is proud of it. No shame and regret what so ever.

Tabriz wanted to put Ashish behind the bars, so that we get more information. But decided against it due to Aravind’s persuasion. Since Somendra singh had come via Ashish’s roomate , we decided that we will wait till October 20th when this roommate of his will be back from his vacation.

I still don’t believe in the rubbish story those “Fertility” guys made up and I am sure neither do you believe. One thing I learnt is not to hurry up. So I decided to wait till Oct 20th, question all of them at once. No one will divert from a common story since all will be together. Let them prepare if they want to, its fine. As Zohan says “ you don’t wanna mess with Sadiiii” ;-).

With this, I  submitted a letter to Police with all the details, missing items … received items… when I received them, what are still missing, for how long I didn’t have my laptop,passport ( In case of terrorist activities this will help ;-)).

The whole bag with all the cash and stuff was worth twenty thousand rupees. I would look at it this way… I spent twenty thousand bucks for an interesting adventure, a break from my monotonous life… and yes to get so many contacts indeed. I know all the police guys in Koramangla now and all the employees at haze.

What goes around comes around. It has to end where it had all started. I don’t think I need to say where I went that night to celebrate.

 

 

Everyone knows the story now, any help will be appreciated. Let nail this Somendra Singh and put him behind bars( as in the one in police station). If anyone has any good suggestion, please leave a  comment. It will surely help me. BTW… I am back in Bangkok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Haze rocks!!!!

 

Just to end things on a musical note… The whole situation reminds me of a hindi song from Rock On… “ Pichle che ( which replaces saat) dino mein maine khoya.. Kabhi khud pe hasa main aur kabhi khud pe roya……” 

Cheers 

Aditya 

6 comments:

Neha said...

D00D...is all I have to say... :)

Vinay said...

scintillating duuude !!
as borat would put it " Niccccce!!!"

in soham nia said...

lets nail that f***er
hunt him down on orkut ... lets also nail all his friends in bangalore .. wat say ? ... scrap them ur blog link

Aditya said...

yeah... Will take things one at a time... I will upload his phone number next week. We can all call him and screw him ;-)

Anonymous said...

super adi.. the whole thing is soo soo real except for the fact that the hero was you ;).. oops, I meant you were the hero.. :!! aah again.. Sorry, I give up.. its actually, Dhoom4 in the makin..

Good writeup and neat plot. Just like everyone else, I never knew you could write so well. Give it another shot sometime -- I bet you would get yourself a fan club :)

Well, quoting you on you :
"Why??? Me… A thin, kinda high on whiskey with slightly unshaven rugged beard with torn cargo’s. Basically a very dirty shabby appearance. But it wasn’t me who caught everybody’s attention." was way toooooooo funny :) Ok, I get your message x-( i didnt take that too seriously {grim faced me :xx}

-pf

Unknown said...

awesome Sadi..I suggest you to write a book like Chetan Bhagat..u truely write a awesome stuff. This think happened by mistake and gave us a chance to know the writer in you...
God Bless Cheers :) Saurabh Dawra